The McConnell Outdoor Pool is a great place to take the kids and unwind during the summer months! We've got multiple slides, a rock wall and a splash pad for the little ones.
Pool Rules - we take water safety seriously!
- The maximum capacity of the outdoor main pool and deck area is 600 people. The maximum capacity of the outdoor kiddie pool and deck area is 70 people.
- It is imperative adults and children conduct themselves in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others. Disregarding pool policies may result in the loss of pool privileges.
- Under no circumstances will cursing or abusive language be allowed. Rough play or horseplay in the pool or adjacent areas will not be tolerated.
- Alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited at the pool during open recreational swimming. Anyone appearing to be under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave the pool area.
- Inappropriate hugging and other forms of touching and affection will not be allowed.
- Every patron must take a shower before entering the pool.
- Persons with obvious evidence of illness or communicable disease or with open sores or lesions (including fungus/skin disease) will not be allowed in the pool.
- Swimming is only allowed when a lifeguard is on duty, with no exceptions.
- Food or drinks are not allowed on the pool deck area with the exception of plastic water bottles. Food and drinks are only allowed in the designated areas.
- Only water shoes or flip-flops are permitted on the pool deck. No street shoes will be worn in the pool/deck area.
- Smoking is prohibited. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas outside the pool fence.
- Children must be potty trained to use the main pool. Children not potty trained must wear swim diapers and will only be allowed in the kiddie pool.
- Pets are not permitted in the pool enclosure or its surrounding areas.
- Diving is not permitted. Jumping into the pool will be feet first from designated areas only.
- Only one person at a time will be permitted to go down any slide.
- Patrons are responsible for all personal items left at the swimming pool. At no time will the lifeguard stands or office be used for storing personal items or valuables for patrons or employees. Lockers in the bathrooms can be used to secure personal belongings. Lockers are for daily use and must be cleared out at the end of the day.
- A 10-minute rest period is strictly enforced for all outdoor pool patrons under 16 years of age. Rest periods are held 10 minutes prior to every hour.
- T-shirts are not allowed to be worn in the deep water or when using the slides.
- Lifeguards/Lead Lifeguards have the authority to correct activity within the swimming pool complex that may be dangerous to themself, other participants or staff personnel. Their authority must be respected to ensure the safety of all patrons.
- For safety purposes, jewelry will not be allowed for swimmers and staff members.
- Only properly sized and fitted United States Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices (life jackets) will be allowed in the pool. Water wings or inflatable rings are specific examples of flotation aids that are prohibited during open swimming.
- Floating toys are allowed in the pool during private pool parties and special activities only.
- There are no height restrictions for the water slides. Patrons must be under 250 lbs. to ride the water slides. Children must pass a swim test in order to ride water slides. Children who have not passed the swim test may go down the kiddie slide provided that they are wearing a Coast Guard-approved personal floatation device. A limited number of children’s personal floatation devices are available at the Outdoor Pool for your convenience.